This picture was taken after a long nap taken after our morning in the snow. She looks very perturbed. Or tough. Maybe a little rock 'n roll. Some new things with Petra.
She has learned the word show, and likes to sing it "show-o-whoa-whoa" like the theme song to "Shana's Show" (from Playhouse Disney). She also knows it means what's on tv and will say it normal when she wants to watch her "show".
Last night it was almost time for bed, so as Petra was wandering around with elephant, I asked her if she wanted to read a story. I said "Petra do you want to read a book? a story? Go get your Pooh-Bear book and I'll read it to you. Go in your room and get your Pooh-Bear book. You know, the one with head and eyes?" (the book goes through facial features and has a mirror on it so she can look at her own face) I knew she wouldn't really understand me. She walked off towards her room and that was impressive enough for me. I then remembered I had turned the lights off in her room and didn't think she'd even go in there. But she did. Then a minute later, she came out carrying her Pooh-Bear book! All her books were put in their basket so she would have had to find it in a bunch of books. I was very impressed. Our little genius. I guess you never know how much they can understand...
3 comments:
So do you really live in a place that beautiful? I am completely jealous. Your pictures are adorable you little photographer you! We are gonna start planning our annual trip to WA! I miss you guys too, Shalene and I are having a valentine "mocktail" party and I got all sad cause I realized you guys cant attend:( Well i will be posting the buffalo cup recipe for you so stay tuned! Tell the rest of the Stock bunch hello!
how did i not know about this new blog? it is fantastic.
petra looks awesome in that pic. )i have a feeling if i ever had a little girl she'd constantly look like that and always be mistaken for a boy...maybe that's why i don't have one. god doesn't trust me with one.)
calli...so jealous of the mocktail party. I always had these dream of starting a business of an "open bar" for mormons for receptions where I just serve really awesome non-alcoholic mixed drinks. I would wear a bar tender outfit too. and flip bottles. and flirt for tips.
kays... petra often gets mistaken for a boy because I often buy her boy clothes or at least lots of blues and greens and she won't keep bows in her hair. oh well.
---chelsea not jeff (i'm signed in as him)
Post a Comment